SEND MONEY TO INMATE
While federal prisoners are not permitted to receive or possess currency, money is necessary in order to shop at the commissary, make prepaid phone calls, or use the e-mail system. Individuals may send federal prisoners money through the mail, or via Western Union or MoneyGram.
U.S. Postal Service
Inmates’ families and friends choosing to send inmates funds through the mail must send those funds to the following address and in accordance with the directions provided below:
Federal Bureau of Prisons
(Insert Valid Committed Inmate Name)
(Insert Inmate Eight-Digit Register Number)
Post Office Box 474701
Des Moines, Iowa 50947-0001
The deposit must be in the form of a money order made out to the inmate’s full committed name and complete eight-digit register number. All non-postal money orders and non-government checks processed through the National Lockbox will be placed on a 15-day hold. The Bureau of Prisons will return to the sender funds that do not have valid inmate information IF the envelope has an adequate return address. Personal checks and cash CANNOT be accepted for deposit.
1) AT AN AGENT LOCATION WITH CASH: The inmate’s family or friends must complete a Western Union’s Quick Collect Form. To find the nearest agent, they may call 1-800-325-6000 or go to www.westernunion.com.
2) BY PHONE USING A CREDIT OR DEBIT CARD: The inmate’s family or friends can simply call 1-800-634-3422 and press option 2.
3) ONLINE USING A CREDIT OR DEBIT CARD: The inmate’s family and friends may go to www.westernunion.com and select “Quick Collect.” For each Western Union Quick Collect transaction, the following information must be provided:
1) Valid Inmate Eight-Digit Register Number (entered with no spaces or dashes) followed immediately by Inmate’s Last Name
2) Committed Inmate Full Name entered on Attention Line
3) Code City: FBOP, DC
1) AT AN AGENT LOCATION WITH CASH: The inmate’s family or friends must complete a MoneyGram ExpressPayment Blue Form. To find the nearest agent, they may call 1-800-926-9400 or go to www.moneygram.com.
For each MoneyGram ExpressPayment transaction, the following information must be provided:
a) Account Number of the Bill to Pay: Valid Inmate Eight-Digit Register Number (entered with no spaces or dashes), followed immediately by Inmate’s Last Name
b) Company Name: Federal Bureau of Prisons
c) City & State: Washington, DC
d) Receive Code: Must always be 7932
e) Beneficiary Line: Committed Inmate Full Name
2) ONLINE using a credit, debit or prepaid card (Visa or MasterCard only): The inmate’s family and friends can click on www.moneygram.com/paybills. Enter the Receive Code (7932).
The law office of Jeremy Gordon is dedicated and focused on powerfully and effectively representing our clients. We look forward to the opportunity to discuss your case with you. Contact us today for a free consultation and initial case review at 972-483-4865 or email us at [email protected]. Payment plans available.